Monday, September 8, 2008

EXCITMEMENT!!

We went in June back to Washington DC for the 3rd time to get adoption papers signed. We've been patiently waiting since then to get our adoption date so we could get things rolling. It's never taken this long before, but we've never had a child this short a time before putting the papers in, so it was ok. It gave us all time to be sure. Anyway, I just got an e-mail from our attorney, I was excited, so I wanted to share it with everybody. Paulette (who, as most of you have heard wants to change her name to Kyra with the finalization) will be officially stuck with us on September 27th! We are still working on a sealing date. We have people coming across the country so we need to work with their schedule. But it will follow soon after that. We will be a family of 9! That is SO weird for me to say. When I was a teenager growing up in a big family I said on more than one occasion "I will not have a big family, I hate big families" Yet, out of my 5 siglings (except one) I more than double the amount of children they have. I have one sister who comes close to me. But the rest have between 1and 3. Heavenly Father definitely had different plans in mind for me. Was he laughing at me all those times I announced that to my parents?? I was so sure!! I even had bad pregnancies and stopped after 3. So,I thought "see,even He knew I couldn't do more than 3, he made it hard for me to have kids" NO!! He just gave me a few years and then gave me the desire to adopt. Now c'mon, is that fair? Yeaaaahh, I guess. Though challenging at times, we have an awesome family. I have some amazing children. Just another lesson--He knows us alot better than we know ourselves!

2 comments:

Melissa and Trevor said...

wonderful news! Tell her to remind me in Sunday School to call her by her new name!

CompleteLee Blogger said...

How exciting! You are an amazing woman, Bobbie!