Saturday, September 20, 2008

And the award for most dramatic goes to.............you decide

My 11 yr old son who we tend to call a drama "king" ( I'll leave his name out so he can't say I embarrased him) sprained his ankle 4 days ago. He has NO tolerance for pain. He's been on crutches with it wrapped up and using this as an excuse to get out of any chores.He's laying on the couch with it elevated whining alot. So I casually said "you sure are whining alot" and he said "you whined when you had surgery" so of course my response was "so you are comparing my surgery where I had 5 incisions and 2 organs ripped from my body to your sprained ankle? are you kidding?" I wonder where he got the drama from?? I keep reminding him that we have 3 teenage girls in this house and when it comes to injury or illness he out-does them all! I guess he's following in the tradition of guys being babies when they are sick. But he'll be gone before I know it so I guess I'll baby him while I can :)

1 comment:

Owen said...

Ok I totally needed a good laugh this morning and you have provided this!! I do agree that our boys (& husbands) can be a little more dramatic than the girls! I love how you called him out on comparing your organs being ripped from your body and his sprain!! Too funny!