Friday, February 13, 2009

My sickies

Whenever one gets sick, especially with something weird, they all join in!
A few years ago Natalie scratched her cornea (no idea how) she ended up needing surgery and expensive drops and almost permanently lost her vision in that eye. At the same time this was happening, Jacob (who was 9 at the time) had a kidney stone. That's right folks--a kidney stone!! That was fun. He had to pee through a screen until we were sure it was gone. Lots of pain later, he passed it. Yeah!! Natalie's eye finally healed. And I think I remember that a few of the other kids were sick with normal stuff at the time but that was the least of my worries.

So,here we go again! Almost the same kind of problems but they switched places. Natalie has a SUPER bad bladder infection. They did an ultrasound of her bladder and kidneys to make sure it's not another kidney problem like she was born with. She had surgery for that when she was 1 but has had problems on and off her whole life. Jake has an eye infection! He is now on expensive drops. Alaina has had colds on and off (more on than off) for the last few months. She is sick of being sick. I told her I'll deal with it when the other 2 are healed.

On top of all the sickness and pain, we are having more problems with Ty and his issues. The school is still trying to be helpful but some of them seem to not be handling it as well as they should.

I just keep telling myself it could be worse! At least they don't have anything fatal or anything that requires major treatments (for now). So I will continue to love and enjoy motherhood as long as I can. I will be grateful that my children are alive and fun and cute! Let's just hope it's another 2 years before we have anymore weird things happen :)

No comments: