Monday, February 9, 2009

Jury Duty



I was always told that if you weren't registered to vote, you couldn't be given jury duty. So,not wanting to ever do jury duty cuz of my schedule, I never registered to vote. At one time my grandmother pointed out to me "if you don't vote, you can't complain" So,I've always tried to not complain about our elected officials cuz I don't have the right. After all, I had nothing to do with them being elected,right?? So here I am, 30-something, and I've never voted! Well, that just went out the window folks!! Turns out you can get jury duty if you aren't registered to vote. Dang-it!! So now I guess I'll go register to vote and go do my jury duty in a few weeks. Hopefully it's something exciting!!

4 comments:

Ketner's said...

Hey girly! I need u to send me your e-mail address so I can add u on my blog! (dcj3ketner@msn.com)Hope everything is going good for u :) OH and I am not registered to vote either, but I have done jury duty once! I should have done it in 08 maybe we would have a diffrent president haha!

Stacey said...

I just got a summons in the mail with a nice little voucher to ride the light rail! I go on March 17th! Gotta love jury duty!

Pam said...

Jury duty can be fun..if you don't have to wait all day. Shame on you for not voting..lol

Anonymous said...

It's not done by voter registration, it's done by if you are registered by the state, ie have a drivers license. At least that's how they do it in Cali. Have fun and maybe it will just be for a few hours and then send you home!