Thursday, October 23, 2008

OK People, what's in the water??

In June I had a partial hysterectomy due to a big complex cyst on my right ovary and some other issues. I thought "great,no more time of the month,no more pain,etc" Yeah right!! Since then I have had constant pain in my left ovary. They've done an ultrasound every 6 weeks watching cysts mostly come and go(some stay)So today I went in for another one. The routine is usually that after I go home and they call me within a week to schedule yet another one to keep an eye on what they found.But that wasn't the case today. The tech left and came back with the Dr.Ugh,this can't be good.They start discussing the 4,yes 4 things they see very clearly,but unlike usual,they can't tell what they are. Not the normal (or complex) cysts they normally see. Something else maybe but it's not quite clear. So,I'm waiting to find out when they are scheduling my MRI for.

But wait,it's not over yet!! 5 months ago I was sent for a mammogram and ultrasound of my right breast. There was some tenderness,just being cautious. Except they found something "suspicious" So they scheduled another one 6 months out,which was scheduled for November 20. But after talking to him and with the findings today we decided I should get an MRI instead of just repeating the US and mammogram which wasn't very clear last time. MRIs seem to pick up alot more than the other 2.

So,back to my question. What's in the water?? People all around me are getting diagnosed with cancer or having other really weird health issues that are cause for concern.Is this some form of bio-terrorism? What the heck??

So,now I get to be patient. Easier said than done.

5 comments:

Owen said...

Bobbie I am so sorry you have to worry about this. I hope you get the MRI done soon and get some answers. There is nothing worse than waiting around for answers. You have no idea how many times I've asked myself what's in the water lately....hopefully nothing. Please keep us up to date on things. I'll remember you in my prayers until then.

photomama said...

Bobbie, I am sorry that you are going through this. Although, I am just grateful that we have the technology available to catch "suspicious" and abnormal things before they get too bad. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and I pray that your doctors will be directed to the correct diagnosis and that they will be able to take good care of you! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Ok - I've been out of the blogging world for a couple weeks and am now trying to catch up! So sad to hear all the tests you're going through but will pray it's nothing serious. Please keep us updated!

CompleteLee Blogger said...

Wow! Not you too! Do keep us updated! We'll pray for you too. Take care!

Lindsay said...

We'll add you to the prayer list, Bobbie.