Wednesday, August 20, 2008

FINALLY!!

This is the 4th week of school. I was so excited all summer because for the 1st time in 14 years I was going to be home with no kids all day,every day. I had a big list of fun things I was going to do:
  • Spring cleaning
  • Filing paperwork
  • mani/pedi
  • more spring cleaning
  • massage
  • facial
  • work on year supply room
  • more spring cleaning
  • shopping
  • take an accounting course at CGCC

It's not that my house is gross,it's just that when the kids put dishes away,it's not organized. When they put clothes away or put food in the pantry,it's not the way I want it. So this was my chance to clean and organize the way it "should" be and hope it stays that way for a few days. But since school started all I've accomplished is:
  • going to the school several times to help the counselor get Ty through a meltdown(he's not good with change and kindergarten was a big change)
  • having sick kids home
  • taking kids to the dr
  • going to work to straighten out paperwork issues
  • taking me to the dr
  • keeping up with laundry
  • taking turns at the orthodontist with 4 different people (I finally got my braces off!)

So finally today I starting my spring cleaning.

  • I wiped out and organized all of my kitchen cabinets and drawers (anybody need a nutcracker? apparently I have 3 of them and we aren't big on nuts that you have to crack out of the shell).
  • I scrubbed my dryer lint filter (I found out that dryer sheets leave a film on the filter that can cause a fire and/or kill your dryer long before it's time)you should clean it every 6 months.
  • Then I disinfected my sink--that lint filter was gross!
  • Washed out the microwave
  • Cleaned and organized the fridge

Right about this point the thought came to me--I need to get rich and hire a maid!!

Usually I enjoy spring cleaning,but usually I have at least 2 kids helping,talking,goofing around and just being distractions so the time passes quickly. I thought it would be so much easier by myself 'cuz I'd get alot more accomplished. But, IT'S BORING!!

So,if anybody wants to join me in any of the above spa treatments,let me know. My schedule is pretty open.

3 comments:

sarah said...

I'd love to join you for your spa day - but I still have little ones at home. You need to post a picture of your new smile - I can't wait to see you brace-free.

The Greer Family said...

I'm excited that you have a blog. It's fun to hear a little bit about what's going on with our friends. I think I'd like to treat myself to a pedicure or something sometime. I'd have to get a babysitter. By the way, I'm going to add you to our friends list. If that's a problem just let me know: )

Stephanie

Tammy said...

I love your blog! I enjoy hearing about your family. I miss seeing your kids at school. I hope they are all doing well with their classes. I added you to my friends list. I hope that is okay.

See you soon Tammy