Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The last 2 weeks....

Natalie had her first choir concert. She had a speaking part introducing a song. She used such enthusiasm, it was so cute. I really hope she continues with choir.


That same night (we had to run from one to the other) Kyra had her final choir concert for the year. She had her 1st solo and did an AWESOME job!! The following week she tried out to be advanced and got it! She is now in the 2 upper choirs. Unfortunately we didn't get any good pics.
Jake had a band concert. He plays the baritone and does an awesome job. He has played for 2 years and I hope he continues as he enters junior high next year.



On to the not-so-fun part of the last few weeks. Alaina was sick all day, so she wasn't eating or drinking. That evening I was in the kitchen getting her some medicine. I turned around to get a stool 'cuz my shortness can't reach the meds, and BAM! I heard her hit the floor. I turned around to see her having a seizure. So of course I screamed for Mark and he came running. He picked her up off the floor and was about to help her walk to the couch and she went limp and started shaking but the 2nd time it was more like she passed out than a seizure. It was taking her long enough to come out of it that we decided we better call 911. They got here and decided she needed to be transported. Keep in mind we lost our insurance the week before this happened--Yeah! Anyway, they got her to the hospital, ran tests to make sure it was safe to come off the backboard (cuz she hit her head so hard on the tile) it took over 2 hours and she was getting really mad. So to add to her mood, I took a picture :) It was decided that her sodium level dropped enough to make her blood pressure drop and that caused both episodes. So we are pushing all the stuff she needs to stay healthy. She hasn't had any problems in over a week so I'm sure she's fine. But the picture captured her mood...
At least she has an ambulance story. I've never had to be in one and neither have most of the people I know. Just more excitement! Always somethin' goin' on with the Bumms!





3 comments:

Shannon and Jimmy said...

something great must be coming for all the trials you are going through. Hold on. You have lots of people who love and admire you all.

Owen said...

Ditto that. You definatley deserve a break. Keep yer chin up!

Stacey said...

Bobbi- that is so scary. I'm glad she is feeling better. Thanks again for watching the kids- they had a great time!