Monday, January 26, 2009

More Changes!

As if we don't have enough going on around here! If I posted the daily happenings it would overwhelm you people. And with not posting it all it's easier for me to forget the chaos. Of course one day I know I will miss it. This weekend:
Saturday: Kyra got extentions,they turned out aweful and most of her bday money is down the drain. I feel so sorry for her. She's deciding today if she's going to tear them out. But, she wanted to do it. She chose the person (her friend) to do it. I had nothing to do with it and I tried to warn her. But,do teenagers ever listen to their parents? So we had Stephanie come over to try to "fix" it so it would look good enough to go to church.She did a pretty good job and I feel bad that she had to spend 1 1/2 hours of her Saturday night at our house.But we kept her entertained with dumblaws.com. You should check it out!
We also cleaned out the garage, went grocery shopping, took kids to friends houses/picked up kids from friends houses. Cleaned the house. And debated on the rest of the "to-do list" that we decided can wait til next week.
Sunday: We woke up for church and found that Mark and Ty were both sick so they stayed home and I took the other 6 to church. We were on time! For us that's huge. In the afternoon some people came to meet me that want me to start babysitting their newborn in July (no,she's not born yet) They were super awesome and I hope I can manage, it's only part time. In the evening I had to go to a fireside at the church. It was all about our teenagers and warning signs and stuff going on at the high schools we should be aware of. Almost makes you want to homeschool--almost :)
Then my aunt from Cali called to inform me that the final decision has been made. In the middle of March my grandparents will be moving in with us! Yes, I am adding to the crazy. Now we will have 2 crazy parents. 7 Spastic kids. And 2 elderly people with lots of medical issues. YEAH!! My days with no kids will now be filled with dr. appointments and handing out meds.
Don't get me wrong. I love them and we are excited that they will now be in Arizona. We have missed them. I'm just afraid of how I will handle it. Please pray for me to have energy, sanity and great organizational skills.
I'm sure there will be lots more to come on this subject once they get here. Some of it may be incoherent ramblings but I'm sure the stories will be entertaining for you! So wish me luck as we grow to a family of 11!

3 comments:

Owen said...

Wonder Woman.

photomama said...

I totally appreciate you taking in Gramma and Grampa! It will be a BIG challenge, but you will be able to spend some good, quality time with them too...which I am totally jealous of since they most likely won't be around much longer. With all the craziness and the frustrations, just remember to be grateful for the time you have with them and hopefully it won't seem so bad!

Bumm crew said...

I don't think it will be "bad" just challenging. I already feel "busy" Adding in all their dr. appointments is just worrying me. But I wouldn't do it if I didn't think I could handle it. I think my family will be blessed by this challenge and you can never have too many blessings!