Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pam the nut


So,yesterday when I scheduled my MRI the lady asked if I was claustrophobic 'cuz they could drug me for the test. I said "yes and that would be great,let's do that!" That was the only reason I could handle the thought of going in "the tube" So as the lady was putting me on the thing to lay down I said "wait,what about the drugs they promised?" She replied with "whoever told you that was mistaken,we don't do that here" So,I cried.And I cried. She said she would just try to put me in,take me right back out and see how I feel. We tried. HECK NO! So another lady came in and suggested that they put me on my tummy so I could look out the tube and not up at it. That kinda worked.To distract me I listened to the sounds the monster was making and tried to make words out of them.There were 2 distinct sounds.One sounded like "Pam" the other went "da-dut" or better yet "the nut" so I layed there,eyes closed,saying "Pam the nut" over and over! Then I remembered an episode of 'Scrubs' when a lady was in "the tube" and it broke,she was stuck in there for hours. I thought "it's mind over matter" so I layed there chanting "I can do this, Pam the nut!" Hey,it's crazy talk but it worked. That and knowing that my honey was waiting right outside the door to take me away from that place! From the time I walked out to the the time he got me home I was a wreck. It was not a fun experience.So,unlike myself,I was very quiet. Everytime he asked if I was ok,I started crying again.About the 4th time he said "ok,you only teared up that time,you'll be ok now." So,hopefully the worst part is over. Hopefully the results will come back good and I will know I climbed in the tube monster for no stinkin' reason.But that could take until next Thursday (at the latest). So,back to waiting!

1 comment:

Owen said...

I think you should make a bumper sticker that says "Pam the Nut"...Put me down for 2.