Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Back to school...

Today my sweet children returned to school after a 2 1/2 week break. We spent the time:
  • doing yard work
  • making s'mores
  • playing card games and video games
  • going winter shopping
  • making more s'mores
  • moving more of Pam's stuff from her old house
  • more yard work
  • deep cleaning the house
  • coming up with Halloween costumes
  • exercising/training Jake for cross country
  • finding new recipes/cooking them
  • going to yard sales
  • playing hide-and-go-seek and tag in the house

We certainly tried to keep busy. It was definitely helpful having Pam around to keep the kids entertained. She is even teaching a few of them to sew, which is good because I'm not talented in that area in any way, shape or form!

While it was nice having them home, it's nice having them back at school too.

I realized over this break that although being a mom of 7 kids is very challenging...I actually love it...remember I'm the one who always told my mom "2 kids tops"! But I feel their love and appreciation and the smiles on their sweet faces and it makes it hard to remember the not-so-fun times. I'm starting to realize how quickly they are growing up and how I need to treasure every moment with them. Wow, the Lord definitely knew me better than I knew myself. He knew I would love having a large family gathered around me. Of course if I didn't have such an awesome husband it wouldn't be this great. Thanks honey, you're a blessing!

No comments: