Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Bee and The Angel

Jake was in a spelling bee yesterday. I knew he was going to be in it,I just didn't know when because he didn't tell me until he called me afterwords to announce that he got 2nd place! Jake being brave.

Jake being nervous.

Now I suppose you're wondering if I wasn't there,how do I have pics. A very sweet person (you know who you are) was there,noticed that I wasn't so she took some pics of Jake and then e-mailed them to me. This was so awesome to me. I'm really sad that I wasn't there but so happy that I have pics. This was a reminder to me that even though the service we do for somebody might not seem like a big deal to us,it might be HUGE to the person receiving it. To this angel it was just a few extra pics and an e-mail. To me it was a much needed service to get me through the day. I have had some major stresses lately and I'm grasping to any good news and happy thoughts. Getting these pics was so much more than that. Knowing that somebody noticed my absence and went out of their way to help me was just what I needed.Thank you! And--Congratulations Jake! You're an awesome speller!!

1 comment:

Owen said...

Way to go Jake!! Spell away, spell away!!